When you need experienced prospect research, prospect management, fundraising analytics, and due diligence research that you can trust, we’re here for you.
Since 2005 we have worked with over1,000 organizations worldwide, ranging from small community arts centers and youth organizations to land and wildlife conservation, public media, museums and performing arts centers, hospitals and medical research centers, universities and everything in between.
In each case, our client’s mission and their research needs were unique, and our solutions were specific to them.
We listen carefully to understand your fundraising needs and provide the right personnel and strategy to get you the information you’ll need to meet those goals.
We provide a variety of solutions, but most clients hire us for our four main services:
- For a dedicated consultant to work alongside you. Research, prospect management, data insight, due diligence – your long-term and short-term priorities become ours, too. Three month minimum, starting at 70, 140, or 210 hours per month.
- For à la carte reports – full profiles, snapshots, wealth & philanthropy reports, and enhanced screening dossiers. Set price per profile.
- For data insight (analytics) projects, including RFM analyses, inclination scoring, post-wealth screening verification and list building, major gift predictive modeling, planned giving modeling, and annual fund modeling.
- For strategic prospect development consulting including research shop audits, tune-ups, and training.
We match consultants on our team with dedicated clients based on interest and skill, so each partnership is based on a shared dedication for each client’s mission and knowledge to help you be successful.
Whether it’s research, prospect management, data analytics, or due diligence (or all of these interwoven), in addition to your research partner you will have a back bench of HBG colleagues with a wide variety of experience as well as an unsurpassed resource library supporting our work together.
We provide a variety of reports, from in-depth profiles to wealth & philanthropy information. Or you can just come to us with a specific research question, and we’ll provide a memo (or full-length analysis!) to answer that question.
- Profiles, Snapshots and Wealth & Philanthropy reports – we’ve designed our profile formats based on experience and client feedback to meet your needs.
- Due diligence research – when you need to be absolutely sure that a donor is a suitable fit for your nonprofit.
- Just have a quick information request? No problem – we’re happy to help.
Our goal is for you to join our other DI clients in saying that you have “never had such a positive experience” or “gotten more out of the process.”
We don’t do what we call ‘dump and run’ analytics projects. We listen to hear what you need, we work collaboratively throughout the process, and we’re always available afterwards if you have questions or need more research on great prospects found.
- We explain exactly what we’re doing along the way – in plain English.
- We provide results that are easy to understand and to use.
- We provide you with follow up research however it works for you – à la carte or dedicated consulting (or no follow-on research at all).
We’re the only consulting group providing post-analytics dedicated research so that you get the information you need on top prospects identified through data insight.
If you’re getting ready for a major or capital campaign and want a fresh set of eyes on your prospect development department, tune-ups and audits are specialty consulting areas for us.
We also provide one-on-one coaching and training on research and prospect management topics. In addition to co-creating the original curriculum for the Apra New Researchers Symposium, Helen co-wrote the book Prospect Research for Fundraisers!
We’re not a wealth screening company, but we will help you get the most out of your screening investment.
We love wealth screenings because they provide a great deal of information that would take someone years to find on that many people. But it’s a lot to go through, and many of the records will contain false hits.
To get the best return on your investment you need research staff to verify and make experience-based judgment calls on the results, and to dig deeper into the great prospects hidden in that ‘Tier 2’ group. If you don’t have internal staff, we’re here to help.
If you’re missing out on up-to-the-minute information about your top individual, company, trust or foundation prospects, or if you need keyword or industry alerts, let us help keep you informed with customized dashboards that you can consult any time.